Wednesday

# 23

Twenty Ten.

It seems weird, and makes me feel fucking old, that just 10 ten years ago people were all freaked the hell out about Y2k. I remember my parents wouldn't let me leave their side. Makes me think of just how lame that would've been... Mass chaos and I'd be stuck.

It's funny how my brain works. I can remember the lameness of ringing in 2009, and thinking, god I hope I'm not do this all year. I can vaguely remember 2008; house party, board games... yawn, or was that 2007. See. And I can remember being 16 ten years ago about to have a nicotine fit and jonesin for a fix. The years between are kinda lost. I'm pretty sure I was passed out on some one's bathroom floor before the clock stuck 10. That was my life, then.
My life is totally different today, you* might say I've done a 360. As the new year approaches I know we all can't help but reflect on the past and look to the future full of hope and empty promises to ourselves. We remember the resolutions we had last year and the year before and the year before because they're all the same and they never get resolved.

Last year my resolution was not to have any resolutions. It worked.

In order not to be a lazy bum I am going to set some goals for myself. Sure, there's the weight thing and the saving money thing and the be more organized thing but I have some more creative ventures on my mind. I need a little personal growth this year and I'm not talking about my ass.

What are your (anti)resolutions?
Oh hey, there's a new poll up too! Don't forget how important it is to vote...

*by you I mean an idiot. A 360? *shakes head*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails