Thursday

# 5

I'm getting excited about Christmas. I should say a little obsessive really. It's gotten a bit cooler here and that always puts me in the mood. Seeing as money is real tight this year; I've been trying to think of some homemade goodness to give this year.

So far I've decided that the lovely ladies in my life will be getting little spa baskets. They will include homemade bath salts, handmade soap from Dee and lotion or a small candle.

I have found small tubes of lavender hand lotion in the travel section at target, for about a dollar. If I can find some small candles on sale or clearance somewhere I'll add those too. Next I'll be looking for small baskets or containers to put everything in. I'm also on the hunt for small jars or bottles to put the salts in.

Peppermint Bath Salts:
  • 1 cup of Epsom Salt
  • 1 cup of Sea Salt
  • 1/4 cup of baking soda
  • Peppermint and/or Eucalyptus Essential Oils (6 - 12 drops total)
  • Fresh mint or Peppermint Tea
  1. Combine Salts and Soda in bowl or Ziploc bag.
  2. Add Oils, a few drops at a time, mix.
  3. Once you get desired scent, add fresh mint leaves or tea.
  4. Pour into jars, label and enjoy.

Lavender Bath Salts:

Same as above but use Lavender Oil and Dried Lavender or Chamomile Tea.

I think these will make nice little gifts and I might just spring for a Massage Envy Gift Card for my Mom, Aunt and Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails