Wednesday

# 2

My new obsession. Maybe that's what I should have titled this blog. Anytime I have a new obsession, I start a new blog. I make a few random or in most cases, obsessive posts, and move right along to the next.

Anyhow, I got a blender the other day, therefore I am obsessed with it.

My first stab at smoothies was a complete failure. Too thick and chunky and it wouldn't blend properly. Feeling like a complete failure I turned to the Internets. I looked up a couple recipes yesterday and proceeded.

Have you noticed on those recipe websites how there's a recipe, then 18 comments of how they altered it. Wow that's a new recipe; write your own. So instead of telling you how I altered it, I'll just tell you what I did, then you can comment about your substitutes. Either way, I can't wait until my lunch break to obsessively buy frozen fruit.

I have no witty name - smoothie:

3/4 cups of 2% milk
1/4 cup non fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup rolled oats (yes you read that right.)
1 banana (I prefer frozen and peeled)
6 - 10 frozen whole strawberries
1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 sweet n low (or 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar, or omit completely)

First, I used my nifty little chopper thingy to pulverize the oats. Next, I dumped everything in the blender and pushed the button. Nothing happened. I forgot to plug it in. If you are going to use a blender, you should plug it in, and I recommend using the nifty little lid that goes with it. If you are having trouble with the blender, tossing it across the kitchen will not solve anything. Try adding more milk if the mixture is too thick and refuses to blend perfectly. Also cussing and screaming on top of blending, only pisses off the neighbors.

The thing I love most about this smoothie, is that the banana didn't over power it. It was also pretty sweet, and I've never even entertained the idea of adding oatmeal, much less vanilla to a smoothie.

Until next time,
Happy Blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails